MUSICAL THEATER WINTER IMMERSION
Dates: January 8 – 19, 2024 (no classes on MLK Day)
Duration: 2 Weeks, 30 Hours of Class/Week
Tuition: $1550 | Audition Required
Application Deadline Extended to December 15th, 2023
The Musical Theater Winter Immersion is an effective two-week training program that prepares actors for professional auditions. After two week’s time, students develop potent audition material unique to their style and ability, while sharpening both their interpretive skills as well as their ability to absorb and perform material more efficiently and with distinction. In addition to the core classes, the program also includes Master Classes with current Broadway professionals. Actors will leave well equipped with material, ability, and resources to pursue top jobs. Best of all, the Stella Adler Studio Musical Theater graduate becomes a rarity in the job market: a successful singing actor adept at interpretation as well as performance.
Acting a Song
Audition Skills & Strategies
Open Call Lab
Jazz for Actors
Business of Theater
Broadway Master Class
MASTER CLASSES*: Last year’s master classes were with Tony Award Winners Donna Murphy and BD Wong. This year’s master classes will be announced in the near future.
*pending schedules subject to change.
HOW TO APPLY
Admission to the Musical Theater Winter Immersion is by audition. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. At this time, only US Residents are eligible to apply for this program due to SEVP limitations.
1. Click Here to Submit the Online Application Form.
2. Login info will be emailed to you after submission. Login to ADLERnet to upload your Headshot and Resume.
3. Once submitted, please then submit your video audition using the Video Audition Form. Video auditions must include accompaniment either live or pre-recorded. A cappella auditions will not be accepted.
1. A performance of two contrasting musical selections that should be no longer than 60 seconds each. Here are a couple examples of how to contrast your two pieces:
__a) one musical standard, one contemporary
__b) one up-tempo, one ballad
2. A performance of one monologue no longer than 60 seconds in length (contemporary or classical).
Video auditions are being accepted at this time and can be submitted through the Video Audition Submission Form. Video auditions must include accompaniment either live or pre-recorded. A cappella auditions will not be accepted.