Like its namesake this program was created to provide support to emerging playwrights. Resident playwrights receive a modest stipend and have access to studio space, members of the Clurman Lab Theater Company and student actors for readings and workshops. The author may also see other shows produced as curricular shows or student productions. The Harold Clurman Lab Theater has presented new plays by the playwright in residence in multiple recent seasons.
The 2019-2020 Playwright-in-Residence will be announced shortly.
- Jan Rosenberg (2017-2018 Resident)
- Beto O’Byrne (2015-2017 resident)
- Sam Byron (2014-2015 Resident)
- Dennis Staroselsky (2013-2014 Resident)
- Mia Chung (2012-2013 resident)
- Halley Feiffer (2012-2013 resident)
- Anton Dudley (2011-2012 resident)
- Christina Gorman (2010-2011 resident)
- Zayd Dohrn (2009-2010 resident)
- Peter Nickowitz (2008-2009 Resident)